Are You Having Problems Getting Rental Housing? Ready to Rent my be for YOU!
Ready to Rent is a 4-6 week rental education class offered by agencies in your community. In the class you work closely with housing specialists and peers to:
- Overcome Barriers to Rental Housing
- Learn about your responsibilities as a tenant
- Learn about Landlord Tenant Law
- Take real steps towards repairing credit and establishing a realistic budget
- Get referrals to landlords who consider Ready to Rent graduates
- Earn a Ready to Rent Certificate of Completion at the end of the training. This certificate can be presented to landlords as proof of their achievement.
Over 30,000 people with screening barriers have graduated from Ready to Rent across the United States and in Canada since its inception. Using the information and skills they learned, several hundred graduates have successfully found appropriate rental housing.
Ready to Rent graduates represent individuals who are:
- Employment Program Trainees
- Domestic Violence Survivors
- Transitional Housing Residents
- People in Recovery
- Developmentally Disabled and
- Other people unable to rent housing and trying to improve their situation
To Find a Ready to Rent class in your area go to:
- Portland/Metro, OR - READY TO RENT IS NO LONGER TAUGHT IN THE PORTLAND OREGON AREA. PLEASE CALL 211 FOR RENT WELL CLASS LISTINGS.
- Hartford, Connecticut - Mutual Housing Association of Greater Hartford or call 860-296-1797, ext. 10
- Wake County North Carolina - Wake County Ready to Rent
- British Columbia Canada - Ready to Rent BC - Victoria BC Canada, call 250-388-7171 or visit www.readytorentbc.net